Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lazy Sangria

I came across this on Rachael Ray's blog, and I have to share this because it's so yummy (or yum-O, I should say). Say hello to the world's simplest sangria. All you do is mix the lemon-limeade with your favorite red wine, and voilà, you're done!

Lemon-Limeade:
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (I squeezed 4 lemons)
3/4 cup fresh lime juice (I squeezed 5 limes)

In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and 1 1/2 cups of water over moderately high heat; stir to dissolve the sugar. Just before the mixture comes to a boil, remove from the heat. Stir in 3 1/4 cups of cold water, then pour into a pitcher. Stir in the lemon and lime juices and refrigerate.

Open the red wine of your choice (I used Ménage à Trois) and mix the two together over ice. I really like the way it looks when you pour the red wine over the lemon-limeade. Pretty, isn't it?


(image via rachel ray's blog)

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh great idea! I love making sangria! Normally I just add some 7 up, orange juice and then red wine. Oh course it's always fun to cut up some fruit and throw it in there as well!