Friday, March 14, 2008

pretty. pretty flower.

(hope you got my reference)

one of the next things on my to-do list is figuring out flowers. i'm not planning on using florist flowers for our centerpieces, just for bouquets and bouts, so for this post i'm focusing on the more important of the two...the bouquets.

here are some that i've come across that i like. as you can tell, i like oranges, yellows, green, & deep purple/wine. i don't really understand when brides have white bouquets and the maids have color. i'm not saying it's not pretty. it's very pretty, very elegant. but why shouldn't the bride have pretty colors? i want pretty colors! i've also discovered that i seem to have a thing for orange calla lilies...uh oh.





i believe the two below are my favorites. i love that the flowers have a kind of texture.

3 Responses:

Jeri said...

The bottom left one is my absolute fav! Those are gorgeous.

nicole said...

mine too...they look like they're on fire. the color is amazing.

2SD (Two Show Days) said...

I agree. The all-calla lily one is gorgeous. Stunning. I also like the one with the tiger lilies, second down on the left. Some of the others seem busy. The all-green one screams St. Patty's Day. And the colors on the third down on the left reminds me of dead leaves (sorry).